Bryan University Online
Bryan University has a proven track record of successfully preparing graduates for over 70 years. Through hands-on, student-centered learning experiences, coupled with individualized support, Bryan students graduate with practical, productive skills that lead directly to high-demand professional careers. Unlike traditional institutions, Bryan also offers job placement assistance and lifetime refresher courses to ensure its graduates remain competitive for many years to come. Bryan enjoys a position within the higher education spectrum that is unique, respected, enviable and worthy of emulation.
Programs Available at Bryan University Online:Associate Degree in Advanced Personal Training and Exercise Science
Careers for health and fitness professionals and personal trainers are expected to grow through the year 2018 at a rate of 29 percent-that’s much faster than the average 10 percent rate of growth for all careers. (1)
Career paths include:
- Certified Personal Trainer – Become a certified personal trainer through ACSM and NASM.
- Group Fitness Instructor/Group Exercise Instructor – Conduct effective group exercise classes for various modalities offered at fitness centers.
- Sports Performance Coach/Athletic Conditioning – Design resistance training and cardiovascular exercise prescriptions for athletes.
- Corrective Exercise Trainer – Conduct health screenings and physical fitness assessments of clients who have experienced an injury.
(1) Department of Labor Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010 Edition
Associate Degree in Court Reporting
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, court reporting jobs are projected to grow faster than average through the year 2018 (18% compared to the average 10% growth). Court reporting was also ranked as one of the 50 Best Careers of 2011 by U.S. News and World Report. (2)
Career paths include:
- Official Reporter – Work as a salaried courtroom employee.
- Freelance Reporter – Work a flexible schedule on pre-trial depositions.
- CART Provider – Communication Access Real-Time Translation providers accompany deaf and hard-of-hearing clients.
- Real-Time Reporter – Convert spoken word instantly to text display for live proceedings.
- Broadcast Captioner – Provide text captions of live television programs for deaf and hard-of-hearing viewers.
(2) U.S. News & World Report, “50 Best Careers of 2011.” Retrieved on September 9, 2011 from Money.USNews.com:http://money.usnews.com/money/careers/articles/2010/12/06/best-careers-2011-court-reporter