Available at Bryan University Online:Associate Degree in Court Reporting
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, court reporting jobs are projected to grow faster than average through the year 2018 (18% compared to the average 10% growth). Court reporting was also ranked as one of the 50 Best Careers of 2011 by U.S. News and World Report. (2)
Career paths include:
- Official Reporter – Work as a salaried courtroom employee.
- Freelance Reporter – Work a flexible schedule on pre-trial depositions.
- CART Provider – Communication Access Real-Time Translation providers accompany deaf and hard-of-hearing clients.
- Real-Time Reporter – Convert spoken word instantly to text display for live proceedings.
- Broadcast Captioner – Provide text captions of live television programs for deaf and hard-of-hearing viewers.
(2) U.S. News & World Report, “50 Best Careers of 2011.” Retrieved on September 9, 2011 from Money.USNews.com:http://money.usnews.com/money/careers/articles/2010/12/06/best-careers-2011-court-reporter
Locations offering this program:Bryan University Online
« More Bryan University Online Programs